As the proud owner of a swimming pool in Mesa or Chandler, Arizona, you know that hot summers aren’t just about fun and games; they’re about comfort and safety too. That’s why we at Hillis Brothers Painting are dedicated to making your pool deck the coolest spot to be, literally, through high-quality pool deck coating.
Pool decks in our sunny state can get scorchingly hot, making them uncomfortable, if not outright dangerous, to walk on. But with a specific type of paint that uses UV reflection, we can help you transform your ordinary pool deck into a Cool Deck.
Why Choose a Cool Deck Coating?
A Cool Deck is more than just a name. It’s a promise of comfort and safety, especially during the peak of the Arizona summer. Using UV reflective paints, we can substantially reduce the heat absorbed by your pool deck, making it cooler and more comfortable to walk on.
UV reflective paints work by reflecting the sun’s rays back into the atmosphere, thus reducing the amount of heat your pool deck absorbs. This revolutionary paint technology can decrease the surface temperature by up to 20 degrees Fahrenheit, a significant reduction that your bare feet will certainly appreciate!
Do-It-Yourself Pool Deck Coating
At Hillis Brothers Painting, we’re not just about providing services but empowering homeowners too. If you’re feeling handy, here’s a step-by-step guide to applying a Cool Deck coating:
- 1. Preparation: Start by thoroughly cleaning the pool deck. You’ll need it free from dirt, algae, or previous coating layers. You can do this by using a power washer. Let it dry completely before proceeding to the next step.
- 2. Primer: Apply a good-quality concrete bonding primer. This will help the coating adhere to the pool deck and ensure longevity.
- 3. Mixing: Mix the UV reflective paint with the manufacturer’s additive. This usually involves adding one part additive to two or three parts paint.
- 4. Application: Apply the paint mixture using a roller or sprayer, ensuring to cover the entire surface evenly. Allow the first coat to dry for the recommended time before applying the second coat.
- 5. Sealing: Once the final paint coat has dried, seal your Cool Deck with a clear concrete sealer. This will enhance durability and provide extra protection against UV rays.
Maintenance and Longevity
Once your Cool Deck is in place, it requires very little maintenance. Regular cleaning with a mild detergent and water will keep it looking fresh. Should minor chips or cracks appear, promptly fill them with an outdoor-grade filler and recoat the area.
With appropriate care and maintenance, a Cool Deck coating can last between three to seven years before requiring reapplication. The actual longevity depends on several factors, including the quality of the original application, exposure to the elements, and the frequency and intensity of use.
Rely on Hillis Brothers Painting
Whether you’re choosing a DIY approach or want professional assistance, Hillis Brothers Painting is here to help. We have years of experience with pool deck coatings in Mesa and Chandler, Arizona, and we’re ready to assist you in any way we can. By choosing UV reflective paint, you’re not just selecting a product that cools your deck; you’re choosing comfort, safety, and longevity.
Stay cool, Arizona!